Yale University Art Gallery
Originally designed in 1953 through the collaborative efforts of architect Louis Kahn and lighting designer Richard Kelly, FMS was commissioned to renovate and refresh their visionary design. The original theme of the gallery had an open floor plan using track lighting in the tetrahedral ceiling. Preserving the original design concept, FMS interlaced an updated track through every coffer, maximizing flexibility and architectural integration. Kahn’s vision, brought to life by Kelly, was refreshed but not altered. Anything else would have been a sacrilege.
This Art Gallery is approximately 62,000 square feet.